Web content writer and more... Will you do this for $45,000 per year?
This individual will:
- write engaging and dynamic content, with particular emphasis on content for our prioritized target audiences
- ensure that content adheres to our high standards for accuracy, message consistency and usability
This position requires:
- the ability to write and present information in a clear and compelling
manner for the school's target audiences
- strong attention to detail to ensure accurate application of policies and practices
- proficiency in using content management systems
- strong collaborative skills
- Write and edit compelling, accurate and information-rich content in our content management system for our websites and email campaigns.
- Work closely with the school's 26 academic departments to research, develop and write content for their web presences.
- Write compelling, timely stories that resonate with the prioritized audiences identified in our business case and that advance the reputation of the school.
- Coordinate the inclusion of dynamic multimedia content across the school's web presence, with emphasis on the homepage.
- Edit the school's websites to ensure consistency, accuracy, readability and appropriateness of style.
- Work closely with our faculty to write and edit faculty professional summaries.
- Identify opportunities to leverage non-text media (audio, photo, video, interactive media) in school websites.
- Maintain the master editorial content calendar.
- Thorough knowledge of the fundamentals of grammar, syntax, style and punctuation; meticulous copyediting and proofreading skills.
- Demonstrated skills in writing, editing and effective communication with a variety of constituencies.
- Writing for the web.
- User-centered web content development and a strong instinct for usability and effective content organization.
- HTML markup language for formatting and styling web
- Mastery of at least one content management system.
- Basic image editing skills.
- Outstanding web writing, editing and proofreading skills, with meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal communication, diplomacy and relationship-building skills to establish and maintain effective working partnerships with internal clients and other staff members.
- Ability be flexible and to work both independently and collaboratively on multiple projects as part of a tightly-knit team that includes a content strategist, information architect, other writers, a photographer and a user experience expert.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills: demonstrated ability to effectively organize, prioritize and manage a high volume of assignments, with frequent interruptions, to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Ability to organize multiple layers of copy and maintain consistency in voice, brand and site architecture.
- Ability to think creatively and strategically.
- Ability to produce consistently, learn rapidly and keep pace with other team members.
- Ability to make good judgment calls in a complex
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, creative writing, public relations or similar field.
- Three or more years' experience in writing and editing web content.
- Work experience in a higher education environment a
This position will report to the Director for Strategic Digital Communications.
This individual will work cooperatively and creatively with the rest of the
Office of Communications professionals in order to produce high-quality and
targeted web content. This individual will work frequently with staff in
affiliated hospitals and staff and faculty within the medical
Appointment, Salary and Benefits
This is a full-time (40 hours/week) salaried position. The salary is $45,000
Detailed benefit information is available on the UB Foundation website.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position
is filled. Submit your resume, cover letter and links to three examples of
online content you have produced to the SMBS
Office of Communications.